Dance Teams 2023-2024
Mrs. Leis Email:
Communication is done primarily through the BAND app.
You will be sent and invitation link once you have officially joined team.
Here are some of the great things we do annually:
*Depending on what team you are placed on team members may , at times be broken in to smaller groups for different events.
Not all groups will perform at the same event. Which group/event is at the discretion of the teacher.
A lot goes into choreography and planning so we appreciate that you respect these decisions.
-Field trips to professional dance shows*
*Note – those marked by * are available to certain teams only.
Every dance team weekly class, rehearsal and scheduled performance is mandatory. Once you have signed up, you are committed to all rehearsals and events that are scheduled for dance team. Any absence requests must be submitted on dance4him under the "request for dismissal" under the dance team page. Please do not email requests for dismissal. You must submit a form or you will not be dismissed. Should you request and absence in please keep in mind it may or may not be granted. If it is granted there may or may not be an impact upon your ability to be included in on future performances.
Please understand that all absences affect the rest of the company. Some absences more than others, but they all require more work and time for the rest of the group. To minimize the effects of any absences it is important to have your request for dismissal submitted as soon as the conflict arises. It is unacceptable to ask the week or day of. Please do not ask to be dismissed unless it is a very worthy cause. The earlier we have to plan for an absences the better chance you have of being dismissed.
If a dancer misses a rehearsal(s) during the week of a show, that dancer may forfeit their opportunity to perform in the show. If a dancer misses a rehearsal with in the weeks prior to competition, you may forfeit your ability to compete with your team.
Fundraising & Volunteering
To keep costs low and to allow as many dancers to participate in our various activities and events, we do ask that all families participate in fundraising and volunteering as part of your commitment to Team.
We ask families to participate in the following (signups will be announced as we get closer to each event):
- Donating baked goods for Christmas Show, Spring Ballet and Recital bake sales.
- Working/Donating Christmas Show meals.
- Transporting props/equipment to/from shows.
- Working backstage in the dressing room at one recital.
- Working 2 times organizing costumes, props and other dance team items. Once in the summer and once during the year.
In this time of instant communication, social media intensity, and privacy concerns, we want to ensure we are being responsible and good stewards of how our dancers are promoted and shown in various social media outlets.
To that end, we ask the following:
- Parents – please do not share personal information regarding MMDCo Staff, students, and/or their families or any proprietary and confidential information without permission.
- Please refrain from posting pictures, including those of other students in costumes for any MMDCo events.
- Feel free to “Like” posts from the MMDCo Facebook page, including pictures.
- Please be considerate in posting to social media so as not to compromise the values and mission of MMDCo.
- Please do not post choreography, including performances, rehearsals, and classes, as the choreography is copyrighted by MMDCo and we wish to protect our artistic license/ownership.
- Please respect all laws, including those governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, copyright, and fair use.
- Please refrain from posting negative comments about other schools, teachers, or events, including competitions, conventions, and performances.
- If you have negative feedback, we welcome you to contact Staff rather than voice your frustration on social media. We are here to talk and will be happy to meet with you.
Being on a Dance Team is an investment for certain and one that is a family decision each year a dancer is eligible. As you look over this pricing information, along with the commitment level, we ask that you consider it, pray as a family, and make the best possible decision for you and your situation. We truly believe that dancers on our Teams benefit from the relationships they build with the Teachers and with each other.
The following are the costs associate with Dance Teams here at MMDCo:
$100 *Warm Ups
$75 *Team Bag
$100-200 *Basics (earrings, tights, leotard, leggings, shorts)
This is also based on what team you are on. Once you buy the warm up, bag and basics you will not need to buy them again until they are no longer useable.
Costume Fee: $55-95 per dance (All Teams)
Workshop Fee: $45-85 per dancer, per workshop (Jr & Sr Teams)
Competition Fee: $55-85 per dance, per competition (Jr & Sr Teams)
Rehearsal Fee: $80-100 (Jr & Sr Teams)
All In One Competition Fee: $85-100 (Petite Team)
Sr & Junior Team dancers will do 2-3 dances at 2-3 competitions
Petite Team dancers will do 1-2 dances at 1-2 competitions
Auditions, Workshops, Conventions & Professional Performance Viewing.
I will keep different opportunities posted. We would like each DTM to attend at least one audition or workshop outside of the studio.