Dance Teams 2018-2019
Mrs. Leis Email:
Communication will be mainly through this website (www.dance4him.org ), including the following:
- Calendar for events
- Fundraising opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Other important information
Here are some of the great things we do annually:
*Depending on what team you are placed on team members may , at times be broken in to smaller groups for different events.
Not all groups will perform at the same event. Which group/event is at the discretion of the teacher.
A lot goes into choreography and planning so we appreciate that you respect these decisions.
-Field trips to professional dance shows*
*Note – those marked by * are available to certain teams only.
All rehearsals are mandatory. Certainly, we understand that emergencies occur, but ask dancers and families to remember that the Team is depending on everyone’s participation. If a dancer wants to make a request for dismissal, we do ask for as much notice as possible, as we may need to reconfigure choreography, placements, and many other items. If a dancer misses a rehearsal(s) during the week of a show, that dancer may forfeit their opportunity to perform in the show. If a dancer misses a rehearsal prior to a competition, you may forfeit your ability to compete with your team.
To keep costs low and allow as many dancers to participate in our various activities and events, we do ask that all families participate in fundraising as part of your commitment to Team. Fundraising information will be given at the auditions for Teams; we ask families to participate in the following (signups will be announced as we get closer to each event):
- Donating baked goods for Christmas Show and Recital bake sales.
- Staffing the Christmas Show/Recital bake sales
- Preparing 1-2 lunches/dinners for Christmas Show
- Serving 1-2 lunches/dinners for Christmas Show
- Transporting props/equipment to/from shows.
- Working backstage at shows.
In this time of instant communication, social media intensity, and privacy concerns, we want to ensure we are being responsible and good stewards of how our dancers are promoted and shown in various social media outlets.
To that end, we ask the following:
- Parents – please do not share personal information regarding MMDCo Staff, students, and/or their families or any proprietary and confidential information without permission.
- Please refrain from posting pictures, including those of other students in costumes for any MMDCo events.
- Feel free to “Like” posts from the MMDCo Facebook page, including pictures.
- Please be considerate in posting to social media so as not to compromise the values and mission of MMDCo.
- Please do not post choreography, including performances, rehearsals, and classes, as the choreography is copyrighted by MMDCo and we wish to protect our artistic license/ownership.
- Please respect all laws, including those governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, copyright, and fair use.
- Please refrain from posting negative comments about other schools, teachers, or events, including competitions, conventions, and performances.
- If you have negative feedback, we welcome you to contact Staff rather than voice your frustration on social media. We are here to talk and will be happy to meet with you.
- To help protect your child’s privacy, we will be giving families a Social Media Consent Form for you to sign.
Being on a Dance Team is an investment for certain and one that is a family decision each year a dancer is eligible. As you look over this pricing information, along with the commitment level, we ask that you consider it, pray as a family, and make the best possible decision for you and your situation. We truly believe that dancers on our Teams benefit from the relationships they build with the Teachers and with each other.
The following are the costs associate with Dance Teams here at MMDCo:
$150 *Warm Ups
$75 *Team Bag
$100 *Basics (earrings, tights, leotard, leggings, shorts)
- Costumes $150-350
*These are an investment. The costume is the only new thing dancers will purchase every year. Once you buy the warm up, bag and basics you will not need to buy them again until they are no longer useable.
- Competition $75-80 per dance
Sapphire team will do a minimum of 1 dance
Emerald team will do a minimum of 2 dances
Ruby will do a minimum of 3 dances
So dancers may be placed in more dances but everyone will be in the minimum number of dances for his/her team.
- Audition $25-50
- Professional Performance Viewing $25-50
- Conventions and workshops $300